no work art week, day 1

December 7, 2009 at 9:25 pm 9 comments

Not working can be a real bitch.  It can also be awesome!

As a freelancer there’s always that unknown length of time between jobs that can be both restful and restless as you search for the next gig.  Sometimes that time can stretch a little long, like for me right now.  In these instances its important to not fret, stay productive and not lose hope.

Anyway.  Instead of video gaming and playing with dogs in between job searches I thought I’d get my creative juices flowing this week, with ART!

The theme, Unemployment, in all its sorrow and glory.

Today I’m making a Potato stamp!  As an Irishman, I get down on my knees and thank the heavens for the potato.  It’s quite versatile and delicious- not to mention healthy.  If this were 1840’s Ireland I’d probably get shot for making art out of a precious spud, but it’s not, so here I go.

found my stencil

and a healthy potato

cut in half, I finally was able to put the art on

removed excess.

success!

Stamp on and keep hope alive dear friends.

-p.

Advertisements

Entry filed under: fun, work. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

fantastic no work art week, day 2

9 Comments Add your own

• 1. katie  |  December 7, 2009 at 9:36 pm

that’s awesome. now remind me, how long can you keep one of those bad boys? or do you have to throw the potato away sooner than later?

• 2. Patrick  |  December 7, 2009 at 9:38 pm

no clue. i’m guessing a day or two?

• 3. Brian  |  December 7, 2009 at 10:06 pm

The snow falling over your text made me think there was something wrong with my eyes. What a relief!

• 5. Al  |  December 7, 2009 at 10:37 pm

I like the snow too. Nice spud!

• 6. irapebisto  |  December 8, 2009 at 1:39 am

Fantastic idea! But having to create a new stamp every two days or so is annoying….

Couldn’t you make this out of simple plaster?

🙂

• 7. Patrick  |  December 8, 2009 at 2:19 am

I agree. I think this was a one time thing for me. Thanks for stopping by!

• 8. Mark W.  |  December 8, 2009 at 2:57 am

Love this!

• 9. leah  |  December 14, 2009 at 1:21 am

you’re amazing. please send me a potato stamp post card!